Traditional Soapstone Paniyarakkal - 14 Pits:
I’m sure you have heard how tasty and healthy paniyaram is. But do you know they are also super easy to make?
Just mix the batter as per your preference, pour it in the Traditional Soapstone Paniyarakkal - 14 Pits! Viola! You’re mouth-watering Paniyaras are ready to be served.
Brownie point: An age-old ingredient is used to make these utensils – soapstone. They are chemical free, and your batter doesn’t stick to the pan either. Super convenient!
Soapstone Cookware Seasoning Methods :
Commonly one can’t use the new soapstone cookware directly for cooking. We have to season the soapstone cookware completely and make it fit to cook. The seasoning process takes almost 10 days to finish.
- Place the Paniyarakkal on a mat on the flat surface (table or slab)
- Clean the surface of the Paniyarakkal thoroughly using the newspaper or dry tissue paper.
- Pour castor oil or any edible oil , mix the turmeric powder and apply on all sides
- Add more edible oil & turmeric powder as required
- At the end of the day, oil is absorbed by Paniyarakkal completely
Day 2 to Day 4:
- Repeat the first day process daily for three more days using edible oil & turmeric powder as required
- Paniyarakkal color changed from white to black once the oil observed completely
- Remove the excess oil from the Paniyarakkal using newspaper or dry tissue paper
- Use the hot water to clean completely and allow it to dry it for one full day
Day 6 to Day 9:
- For next three days pour the hot rice starch water and dip it in it for three days. Replace the hot starch water in daily basis (In-between these days don’t use the normal water or soap water, use only starch water)
- Remove the Paniyarakkal from rice starch water and wash using mild dish wash liquid. After dried Paniyarakkal attains dark black color now. Initially heat must be introduced to Paniyarakkal very slowly . So fill it up with hot water and allow it to cool slowly
Now the Paniyarakkal is ready for cooking.
Note: Don’t give sudden high heat for initial few times of cooking. Never keep empty pot on the flame directly
Weight : 2.8 kg
Diameter: 23cm Height: 3.5cm
Estimated Delivery : 4 or 5 Business Days